Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow days

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. I have lived in WV for 4 years now and have yet to see this much snow. So when I heard it was going to snow I wasnt worried about it. Well doesnt it figure it actually snowed enough to have a snow day. The problem would be....I have NO snow gear for my kids! I personally am a snow lover, so by 9 am I was out the door. Determined to find something for the boys to wear so that they could learn to love the snow as much as me I went to kmart. The roads or lack thereof were not enough to stop me from finding snow boots, mittens and whatever else I could think of. So an hour and a half later I have coveralls, mittens and boots for both boys. So we bundled them up so that only their little faces were showing and went off to march in the snow. We had a blast and I couldn't believe my little one was face diving and rolling in the snow. I figured the first time someone got a face full of snow all the fun would be over, but they LOVED it! We built a snowman and they walked around and rolled in the snow and had a generally great time. But the best part of it all was that we got to do it as a family because Charlie didnt make it into work today.

1 comment:

  1. Someday.....our boys will be 16, 17 years old and we'll be begging them to go out and play in the snow......and they'll just give us this really lame "act your age" look. lol....... Gotta embrace the chance to make the memories when we can! :)

    ReplyDelete