Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The magic of potty training

So we started the 3 day potty training program 5 days ago. The first 2 days there was no warning just pee. I must have changed 15 pairs of wet underware. I swear I dont even change that many diapers! I did successfully get him on the potty a couple of times. Only to have him pee out of the potty and on the floor and one time in my lap. But I stuck with the program determined to do something. On day 3 I finally started to see some progress. He was holding it and not just peeing everywhere. And I noticed he would grab himself so I had some kind of indicator that he needed to go. We made to the potty a few times and praised him highly for how well he had done. So this whole program is supposed to be 3 days. My kid didnt get it completely at the end of day 3 and on day 4 he was at nana's house. I heard he had a pretty good day but I could tell I had lost some ground this morning when he peed on my couch and them on the floor within 2 hours of being up. On day 3 it took him 4 hours to finally go. So this morning after cleaning the couch and then the floor I thought well crap we are back to day 1. Still determined to stick with it I had a discussion with my little man and told him it wasnt ok to pee in your underware or on mommy's couch. And then the magic happened. Somewhere in the space of 36 hours he got it. He isnt so afraid of the potty and when taken will sit still long enough to go to the bathroom. I dont think we are to the accident free stage but his little brain finally clicked. He told me he peed (which he didnt) but we went to bathroom with dry undies and he peed in the potty!!!! MAGIC! I dont really know it all came together so quickly but hey I am not knocking the fact that I am down to only buying diapers for 1 now! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment